Monday, September 4, 2017

The Red Door

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png

I love my red door. Several years ago I repainted it, 
and I have never regretted this decision. 

I used "Rembrandt Red" and purchased the paint at our 
local Benjamin Moore shop.
It's from their European paints line.


It really is THAT shiny, 
and next to a color that is debatably 
khaki/green/brown, 
it stands out, truly.


I like that when service people come I can say, "It's the house with the red door."
No mistaking us!

The basket was purchased at Ballard Design back in the spring. 
It's not technically meant to be exposed to the elements, 
but I'm taking my chances
because it makes such a strong statement.

Home is truly where my heart is, and I love
pulling up my drive after a long day
and seeing this pop of happy.


What color is your door?



Linking up with Kim!
Wow Us Wednesday!

10 comments:

  1. You know I love me a red door! We are painting our door Crabby Apple Red from Sherwin Williams. I love your basket. I bought a wicker door basket way back several month ago to use on my front door. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red door. Our door is brown and boring. LOL. My twin daughters have both just paint there front doors this past week. Liz made her aqua and Karen made hers deep blue. Both look very good. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your red door! Love it!

    Our door is Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black. This is the second house where we've used that and we love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always like a red door! One of my neighbors used to have one but after they moved the new owners painted over it. Their house never looked as good again. 😜 It makes a nice statement and welcomes people to your entrance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your door! The basket and flowers are the icing on the cake. We are painting the shutters and trim on our home in the next few weeks (we have white brick) so I'm really thinking of doing a great color on the door. Thanks for inspiring!!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore you red door! Such a gorgeous color, so happy and bright. The basket and flowers make a welcoming entrance too. Like Stacey, we have a Tricorn Black door right now, but next time it needs painting, I might try to sway Mr. FrenchGardenHouse to your brilliant R E D! I love it. xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a red door, too, and I love it! It was dark green when we moved in, and made the house look sleepy. Now, it makes me happy every time I see it. Love that basket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My door is sun dried tomato. It goes great with fall and winter decor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fall basket is beautiful, Suzanne! Just lovely!!! We had red doors {Ralph Lauren Barn Red} at our last house and I loved those doors even when they were chipped and you could see the previous owner's blue and the original plain stained brown underneath. All the better! Great color choices on your home. :)

    Have a lovely weekend! I happily pinned to my boards,
    Barb :)
    www.frenchethereal.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red! It looks so welcoming and the basket it adorable! I have been eyeing up the same one but then my indecisiveness took over...My front door is black but desperately needs the paint to be freshened up!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...