Friday, August 11, 2017

The Neverending State of Tweaking

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
I am in a constant state of tweaking these days. Seriously. It has got to stop, or I will be in a heap or a puddle or a mound of dust. Call it summer ennui maybe. Better yet, call it crazy.

I am a full-time high school teacher with three daughters, two of whom are still at home (thank goodness/not a complaint for sure!). It's a busy life. Summer is my time to unwind, which I have done most gratefully, and it will be a royal pain when I have to resume that 4:45 wakeup call at the end of this month, especially since I've been sleeping until seven...eight...nine!

Mostly, I've been productive this summer, getting lots of things accomplished that I don't have time for during the school year. However, I'm starting to notice this total obsession with my house, probably because I've been looking at it for several weeks nonstop. This picture should go here! I should paint these candlesticks, even though they are perfectly lovely just the way they are! Pillow rearrangement! Lamp rearrangement! Furniture rearrangement!

Remember Sergeant Carter from the Gomer Pyle Show? Well, I'm starting to feel like him. "Move it! Move it! Move it!"

Here's a glimpse of my madness. 


Moved the china cupboard to this wall and rearranged/changed what's featured inside.


These dishes were mostly stored in kitchen cabinets. Why?
They are too pretty to hide for sure.


The round table got moved to this location. See that yellow chair?
Well, it's my writing chair. So comfy and much nicer
to have the table right next to me.


No big changes in the bedroom, except...


This lamp was in the living room. However, since there is a LOT of
color in that room, I moved it to this spot. 
I love the way it looks at night! 

More changes are on the horizon.
I know I keep teasing about this, but I'm not ready to reveal just yet. 
Soon, though.

Have a happy week.
I am reminding myself to savor every minute.

Linking up with Kim!
Wow Us Wednesday


6 comments:

  1. I always tweak specially in the dining room and breakfast room.
    Your living room is beautiful, bright, warm and inviting, so whatever you do looks great. I love your dishes and yes, they are so pretty to be where you can enjoy looking at it.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really, really nice. Isn't it fun when even the smallest changes make a big impact on a room? I love that it is traditional but not stuffy; it looks comfortable and livable!

    I hope you enjoy the rest of the time off before you go back to teaching. I have a new 'charge' this school year. I will pick my little just-turned-5 year old up after kindergarten every day (1/2 mile from my house) and take him to his house (another couple of miles) and wait for dad and/or mom get home. I love this little guy so much and can't wait to share those 'after school day' moments with him. I see some cookie baking in my future! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all. Your cottage home is always so pretty. Happy Weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your living room is so bright and cheery! I love all of the colors and patterns you have in it. Everything just seems to blend right in together. I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend. :)

    Chasity

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...