Friday, July 14, 2017

Summer Garden Tour 2017!

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png

We started with barely anything in this yard nearly eight years ago (this October), but things have blossomed here, children included.

You probably won't notice the clean roof, but a year or so ago it was streaked and stained and ugly. I looked into having it cleaned, and it worked like a charm! No more streaks!


To me, there is nothing quite so welcoming as lamplight in a window. The yellow glow speaks of hope and warmth and togetherness.


We replaced the old arbor last year, as it was leaning and plastic. This one is solid. The vines are growing back nicely, too. The hydrangea you see is called "strawberry cream." The stems are actually red, and eventually these blooms will go pink and then a darker pinkish-reddish. I trim it way back every year, but it thrives in this spot.


I love a red door. Really, I love any brightly colored door that pops. It's just paint, so my feeling is just go for it. This red is from Benjamin Moore, and it's part of their European Paints line.

The basket is from Ballard Design. I've been changed out the flowers with the season. 


Nothing wrong with adding a pot of flowers in the garden, too. It adds visual interest, and it's easy to move if you want to change locations.


I shot some of these pictures in the early evening. The sky was lovely. I love summer. I mean, I can't even describe how happy I am in the summer months.


Here's a sunny day shot.


And an evening one of the same garden. Love those glads. It's been difficult to resist bringing them indoors. 


Here's a view of the back. When I tell you there was NOTHING HERE, I mean that literally. Everything you see, we planted, and it was small, too. I can remember when we first moved here I had such a hard time with the emptiness and the fact that it didn't feel like home yet. Trees and shrubs and flowers tell a story. Remember when we planted this or that? Sometimes, we reminisce about our plants the way we do about our children.







I hope you're enjoying the summer season and soaking it UP. I know I am, and my arms are getting buff (okay, not really) from all the weeding and edging and mulching.

Linking up with Kim at Savvy Southern Style!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and home! There is something about the summer months that I have more spring in my step too. All the color and the long days must have something to do with it!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, Your gardens are beautiful now. It takes a while to plan things and get them just right...unless you can hire it done. I have had lots of trials and errors here. I love the way your home looks surrounded by pretty shrubs ,flowers ,and trees. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is so pretty! I can't wait to start gardening at our new house when we move in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely yard you have..........I would love to have some of those gorgeous hydrangeas.
    So beautiful............they are my most fav flower, course, don't think I every met a flower
    I didn't like really........lol
    Thanks for sharing and have a lovely rest of the week.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...