Friday, July 28, 2017

Pretty Entryway & New Stair Risers!

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
Our entryway is small, but several years ago we had wallpaper installed, and that has made ALL the difference! It's been seven years (I think?), yet I still love the walls. One thing I did not love, however, was the staircase.

Feast your eyes on this eyesore.


Not horrible. 
Wooden stairs with some stains and distress on the treads, 
but that crack along the side drove me crazy. 


Am I right?

You know how it goes, though. Other projects (like saving for college) take priority, and this sort of pesky detail gets pushed to the back burner again and again. 

We have a wonderful contractor, the same guy who did our custom built-ins in the basement several years ago. He has also fixed many things around here that weren't done correctly the first time by a previous contractor. Like most reliable, honest contractors, he's in high demand. For months I'd been nagging him to put this small-ticket project on his to-do list. 


Finally, he got around to it.
Easy, right?

Not so much.

It took him three whole days (and I was here, so I know he was working the whole time!) to cut tiny slivers of wood to plug up the cracks, and do all sorts of filling and sanding, etc. 

Plus, he's a perfectionist, another good trait in a contractor.

Without further adieu, here are my like-new stairs with painted risers!




The hallway doesn't get much light, but this white on the risers lightens and brightens. 
Here's the view into our tiny family room, another item on the fix-it list, by the way,
but I'm saving that news for later.



A closer look at our wallpaper.



Feels so good to finally have this crossed off my wish list!


Have a great week!

Linking up with Kim at Savvy Southern Style!
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2017/08/wow-us-wednesdays-347.html


5 comments:

  1. Your staircase is really beautiful, Suzanne. You're lucky to find such a talented contractor. He did a fantastic job. The scroll detail on your molding is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference it made just painting those stair risers. Your contractor did a good job--that putzy work takes forever. I still love that wallpaper, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small project but it made a huge impact! Love the white risers and that wall paper is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks perfect now! Yes, it always bother's us things that are left undone, even if they're small. I love the wall paper and you're house is so pretty and cozy.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally hear you on those nagging problems that draw your attention constantly. I think the problem is solved and sometimes I thank heaven for a fussy handy person.

    I think your wallpaper is your signature style---I've often entertained the idea of doing one of my baths or a wall in my laundry room in something similar. And this is after I stripped room after room of 1990's wallpaper!!!! Whew!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...