Sunday, January 8, 2017

Winter Cheer!

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
Yes, I am still alive. 
Not blogging, but breathing 
and with a beating, grateful heart. 
I had a few minutes of solitude today, 
so I took some photos.



Back in November I was eagerly anticipating 
a local art show. I haven't been to it in a few years, 
mainly because when I go I buy something.

This year I went solo, with the sole purpose of buying something!
Taa-daa!

I'm in love with this.
I love the colors and tones and mood of this painting.
It makes me happy every time I look at it. 

The artist is Maggie Cao in case you're interested.

Having this painting helped with the post holiday blues, 
as I am always sad to see our beautiful tree go.

Here are a few snapshots on this blustery and very cold day.
My neighbor and I walked this morning. 
It was 12 degrees.


Fresh flowers help with wintertime blues, too.


We had a little bit of snow yesterday, just enough to make things pretty.


Flowers and candles and art and books.
And a cozy fire and the smell of something cooking
The noise of my girls.
All these things make a home.


I hope your holidays were merry and bright.
Happy New Year, blogger friends.




7 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and sentiments! I get the blues, too, this time of year so I do understand very well. I think it is important to know that it is coming, and that helps to take measures to counteract the "old blue meanies." Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to see a post from you, Suzanne! I love your new piece of artwork-it is moody but not sad. I love it and I am glad it gives you joy to have it in your home. Blessings- I hope you have a good week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful painting. I've been gravitating to landscapes the last couple of years as well. Your mantel looks lovely and I always enjoy seeing your pretty decor.

    Still taking down Christmas and wondering what to do next. I want simple and fresh. We'll see.

    Always happy to see you post, Suzanne!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you posting Suzanne. I am not a big fan of January or February and I get the blues too.
    Have a great start to the new week.
    xoxo
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. The painting is so beautiful..

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there Suzanne, so glad to see you back! Missed your nice posts and hope all is well. Very pretty pictures. Pretty snow for sure! Not sure about being out walking in twelve degrees though???!!! ha ha ha LOL i did that when I was young, not now, ha ha Bundle up and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand Suzanne, and I've been on (an unintentional) hiatus since the fall. Life happens, haha! But really--sometimes we just want to enjoy it and that means simplifying activity.
    Your home is always so refreshing and beautiful to see! I'm getting into the spring mood here with the weather nice and warmer in Kentucky!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...