Monday, August 15, 2016

Summer Tour 2016!

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
This morning I'm continuing my summer tour in the kitchen.
It's all about the flowers!
During fall and winter and spring, 
I buy flowers.
It's cheaper than therapy, 
and I love arranging them.

Flowers make me happy.


But this time of year, I don't even need to bring them inside.
I can just wash some dishes and enjoy the view.

That massive limelight hydrangea was tiny when I bought it a few years ago.
Now she's exerting her authority!


I'm omitting the small family area from the summer tour.
There are some changes coming soon.
No, I'm not repainting.
It's something even better!
Can you guess?
I'm willing to bet some of you can.


Today is a happy day.
I've been working on a new book for quite some time.
Last November I began searching for a new agent.
The books I've published are all young adult fiction, 
so I needed an agent who represents fiction for grown-ups.
You can read about my writing life here
if you're interested.

Anyhow, in June I signed with a new agency, 
and just this morning I sent off the revised manuscript.


What a long journey it's been!
Today, though, I feel so grateful, 
grateful for my home and my work and my family,
and grateful for an agent who believes in this project.

This doesn't mean I have a book deal.
The agent will send the manuscript out, and we'll 
have to wait and see what happens.
It's a little like ovulating. One egg does not a bouncing baby make:-)
Still, without that egg there is nothing.


I guess what I'm saying is I have an egg!




8 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a window over my kitchen sink!! Congrats on the "egg"! I know your agent will find a publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures of the kitchen....sounds like you have a big project in the house about to happen.
    Good luck with your books.
    I've written several in the past....they didn't get published...and finding an agent for children's books was more than difficult. They all sit lingering in the drawers.....
    good luck moving into adult books....
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne... I would wash a lot more dishes if I had your gorgeous floral view. Good luch with your new agent. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know you were a writer! You'll have to let us know if you end up getting your book published. Can't wait to see what you're planning on doing in your family room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always loved your kitchen and family room...that painting is so pretty.

    Best wishes for a book deal. It is beyond exciting and I have my fingers crossed!!!!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Best of luck with the egg :) Love when you share your kitchen and family room. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...