Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summer Tour 2016!

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
Trying to keep busy so that I don't sink into 
waning summer/vacation over/oldest daughter back in CA
funk.

Life is good.
I know it's true.
Still, it's hard to watch your baby bird
get on a big bird
and fly
3000 miles away.

To continue the tour I'm focusing on our hallway.
It's tiny but mighty.

The wallpaper has been in place for almost six years, but I still 
LOVE IT!




I appreciate color and pattern and mixing it all up.
I wish I were more daring with this.


One of the projects on my to-do list is to paint the risers.
I keep saying this.
Maybe one day it will actually get done.

Or, I'll drive you all crazy and just keep posting about it.


The world is a hectic, chaotic place.
This election is driving wedges between family members and friends.


Home is truly where my heart is, shelter from the storm,
metaphorically and literally.




I hope wherever you are you are staying cool 
and remembering to take some time for yourself.

Sometimes I think women forget to do this.
To laugh.
To pick up the phone and call an old friend.
To kick back and let your kids clean the bathroom.
To see how high that pile of laundry can grow.
You know, just for kicks.


Here's to a happy/lazy/fun-filled/summer-is-still-here weekend!

Linking up!

http://www.poofingthepillows.com/2016/07/thoughts-of-home-on-thursday-25_28.html


8 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous!

    Happy Thoughts of Home. We appreciate you sharing your time and talent with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that wallpaper! Your home is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the blue and white. I also love that solid wood front door. I don't know if I ever noticed it before. Yes, all of a sudden it seems like summer is starting to blow by. Enjoy every moment!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny, classic and beautiful! I can understand why you love your home so much!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is so lovely and the wood door is so pretty. Happy Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pretty Lady! I'm sorry I've missed so many posts. I'm dreadfully behind and I hope to get a bit more in each day. I'm glad I came by in time for your tour. I've always loved your foyer...your wallpaper is more than a background, it's a focal point. Never take it down!!

    I know how you feel about your girl leaving. College was a tough one and then my youngest moved to the Northside of Chicago. It's only 40 minutes away but I miss that she's not 5 minutes away. I still glance in her bedroom when I walk by it. Sniff.

    Hope you are enjoying the bit of summer we have left. When do you go back to work? Abby is a teacher also (H.S. English) and she goes back in a week).

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so pretty and cozy looking. I agree that home should be your haven. It should be your refuge from all the stresses of the world. This election has definitely got us all going a bit crazy. November 8th is going to be a stressful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is so pretty! Love love love that pretty wallpaper, a very old fashioned look and very cozy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...