Saturday, July 23, 2016

Looking Out

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
One of the elements I love most about my home is the view.
We live on a hill, and we love to garden!
It's a win-win situation.

There isn't a bad time of year to gaze out the window.
I have always been a dreamer, 
the sort of kid and now grown woman
to daydream.

You could say dreaming is what I do best.



I remember being a kid and thinking up all kinds of stuff.
Actress. Singer. Long blonde hair and brown eyes.
A pony.
A collie.
A sister.
A canopy bed!

The older I get I realize all my dreams, 
at least the important ones (being a guest star on Johnny Carson aside), 
have come true.

Good husband.
Good kids.
Good home.
Good job.


I still dream big.
I still ask God to help me achieve my dreams.

But now mixed in with my dreaminess
is this nice steady pulse of 
thankyouthankyouthankyou.






Here's to looking out windows
and still dreaming.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post this morning! Here's to dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely views -- I can see why this setting would be conducive to dreaming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...