Monday, May 23, 2016

Sunny California

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
These past few weeks have been a whirlwind—getting my seniors prepared for end-of-year events, lacrosse for youngest daughter, and a much-needed visit with my oldest child in sunny California. This week I will walk down memory lane and reminisce about a trip that came and went much too quickly.






I had a major work event last Monday, and like the spastic creature I tend to be, I planned to leave for CA early the following morning. I arrived around 11:00 AM West Coast time, and we hit the ground running: lunch, local sight-seeing, a winery, dinner (delicious and prepared by Cassie), and bedtime.

On Wednesday, we drove up to Napa, a short distance from my daughter's apartment in Alameda. I had never been to Napa, so I didn't really know what I'd been missing. But now I do know, and I intend to go back to this bucolic place sooner rather than later. OH, it was lovely! And the sun (which we haven't seen in weeks and weeks here) was shining. We had a picnic lunch, did some shopping, and then devoured an amazing dinner in town that evening. Our cottage was sweet, and there was even a rooster wandering around. He was hilarious, in fact.




We hit a winery and did some tasting, ate more delicious food, went on a hike we thought was 6.5 miles. Actually, it was 8.5 miles. It was a very special time with my oldest girl.







Even better, I did NOT take my computer. I did not do any work. Instead, I really enjoyed this time to savor food and wine and precious moments with the first girl who made me a mom. What a fine young woman she has turned out to be, and she is only just getting started on this adult path!


Here's to a great week!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect trip and such sweet memories with a precious daughter. She is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marty. So glad you stopped by! I hope you have a wonderful week. The sun is FINALLY shining here, so that's a start for me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was heavenly for sure! And sunny, which helped, too. Our weather here is FINALLY improving!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...