Sunday, May 1, 2016

Falling for Fresh Flowers

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
And then she falls off the face of the planet… Last week was nuts. I was out every single night. On Monday I took my senior students to New York City. We visited the Strand and New York Public Library. I LOVE these kids. They are a wonderful group, and we had great chaperones, too. I could not have asked for a better day. Of course, it wouldn't have been much of a trip without a story. Our beautiful coach bus broke down on the way home, so we sat on the Jersey Turnpike for 2.5 hours. We were supposed to return at 8:00 PM. We arrived at almost 11:00 PM.

Tuesday night was dinner with a good girlfriend.

Wednesday was my middle daughter's band concert.

Thursday I had an event at a middle school. It was author night, and I got to share my books with a wonderful group of teachers and students.

Friday dinner out.

Saturday with friends.

Do you ever have those nutty weeks? Run, run, run! Spring is always like that, however. It's part of being a teacher for sure. Double whammy when you have school-age children. Not complaining, though.


These viburnum are from my friend's garden. She suggested I cut the stems and smash them to help soak up water. It worked. These gorgeous, fragrant flowers lasted a full week! Isn't that the sweetest vase? It was my MIL's, and we got it after she down-sized. I love the pretty silver. A very special piece for sure.

The viburnum below are actually from my garden. Not as fragrant as the others, but still pretty. There is nothing like fresh flowers. I'm an addict!





More pretty flowers from our local market. Love that color combination. 


Here's hoping you have a fabulous week! It's supposed to rain here.

All.

Week.

Long.

I'm gonna need more fresh flowers to brighten things up around here. 


4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty! Hang in there...the rains will pass and summer will be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hanging, but still no sunshine! Ugh!

      Delete
  2. Yes, you have been very busy! But, at least it's a good kind of busy right? Your fresh flowers are very pretty. I seldom have real flowers. But when I do, I love them. They're such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too. Flowers and candles and photographs always seem to brighten any room. Now if the sun would come out, I'd be a happy girl!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...