Saturday, April 16, 2016

Blue, Blue, Blue

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
So I used to think mantel was mantle, but I think the correct spelling is mantel. I like to get those sorts of things right, but either way, it's that spot over my fireplace. Lately, I've been in the mood to change a few little things here and there, and the mantel/mantle was one of them.

Nice and simple. Where did I go for styling inspiration? Blogger world, of course.


The watercolor was something my husband had before we even met, and I LOVE it.
It has all the colors in our living room.

The silver cups belonged to my in-laws. I'm pretty sure they used them on their wedding day, 
but I'll have to fact check that.


The lovely candles were from Home goods.
As you all know, blue is my thread color, and I have it in almost every room.
There are some more blue touches, too, but I'll share those another day.

It is gorgeous here this morning, and I have had a long, long work week.
It's not over yet, as I have another work event this afternoon, but
first I will get in a loop walk and some stretching and maybe a 
few sit-ups, too!

8 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. How neat that your husband had the pretty art before you met him. My husband had coasters from bars. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I think mine had some coasters, too, and a pot of ivy with a single living vine. It was very difficult for him to part with that (and I'm not kidding!).

      Delete
  2. Ha! Po-Tay-toe/po-Tah-toe, lol! No matter how you spell it, your mantel always looks lovely. The print is wonderful - adore the colors! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks, Jane. I'm loving the new touches of blue. So glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty. i love the painting and it gives a multitude of ideas!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many colors in it. When I was picking out fabric for draperies, I didn't even realize it at the time, but the fabric had ALL the same colors in it. Hope you had a good weekend.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...