Monday, March 28, 2016

Monday, Monday!

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
I can't believe it, but I think that may be sunshine I see!
It was a gloomy Easter around these parts, but a good day just the same.

For this Monday morning, I thought I would share some tweaking plans 
for my mud and powder rooms.


A year ago I repainted this space. It was a cheery shade of yellow, and I mean 
really cheery.


And just so you know, I loved this space in its previous state.
That happy color just made me…well, happy.

But, you know how it goes, it was time for a change.








The new color is what I call soothing, and the navy blue details pop against the neutral backdrop.
This is an old picture. No, thankfully we don't still have snow!


The only thing I plan to add to this little space are a couple of details.
I want something in which to store the lacrosse junk.
I don't plan to go looking for this, however. 
I figure it'll find me when I least expect it.
And I may add another picture or something.
Again, it'll find me.

In the powder room I have been wanting to add wallpaper, something kind of wild and fun.
I haven't found that yet, either. Am I'm getting lazy or what?!

Right now the theme in here is boats, and I've added a collection of 
prints and etchings that tie in with this theme.

It's nothing special, and I guess that's what I'd like to achieve in here, "specialness."

The other idea is to paint it a pretty shade of dark green.
I keep seeing this color in magazines, and it's talking to me.
Except, I have painted many bathrooms, and I know it's no picnic.

All those corners and all that cutting in and with a dark color.
Maybe I'll just add another boat picture.







I hope you all have a good start to the week!

10 comments:

  1. They sound like some great plans....perfect for when inspiration strikes and the things you want find you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Penny. I guess this means I have to go looking at the very least! Hope you had a happy Easter.

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I bet painting over the yellow was no small job. Your spaces are all lovely. You've mastered the art of blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't too bad. I used Ben Moore paint, and it had a primer built right in. Made the job a little easier. Sent a friend a link to your blog the other day b/c I wanted her to see your gorgeous staircase! Have a good week!

      Delete
  3. Oh I know what you mean about painting bathrooms. They are so difficult! I like the neutral color on the walls though. You can change it more easily that way. You have some good ideas to work with. Hope you find just what you need for that lacrosse stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. I'm sure I will find something. I usually find things when I'm not really looking for them. I hope you're enjoying all the new touches in your home. Everything looks beautiful, as always.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! I'm loving it, too.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty, cozy space to come home to! I love how easy repainting a room can be, but you get a lot of bang for your buck!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do. I also love the instant gratification (almost) of paint! Thanks for stopping by, Leslie.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...