Monday, March 7, 2016

A Walk on the Wild Side!

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
When we moved into our home 6.5 years ago, the walls were neutral. 
Everything was neutral.

I love neutral in other peoples' houses, and I will gush
all day
about how soothing and pretty it is. 




There is nothing lovelier than a soft neutral combined with pretty accessories,
and a number of bloggers come to mind when I say this.

But I have a dare devil side to my personality, and let's just say that 
side doesn't get much exercise.
So, I paint.


Believe it or not, a dark color can work well in a small space.
I did research on this.

According to said research, 
there is one condition: lots of light.


We get a LOT of light in this room.


I love this room at night, especially with a cozy fire.

I love this room in the morning when I raise the shades
and have my toast
and Diet Coke


As much as I love color, I am so happy with my nice, neutral kitchen.
It balances everything out.


When I was putting this house together, I wanted a unifying color to work as a kind of thread.
I went with blue.


As of October we will have been in our house seven years.

Uh-oh. 
That could mean the urge to redo some things.


Who knows, I might take a walk on the wild side!

http://freshome.com/room-color-and-how-it-affects-your-mood/

Can you imagine decorating this family room for Christmas?

I hope everyone has a good start to the week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors you have chosen for your home. I am not doing much painting now, but when we move to the next home I am hoping to have one room dark blue like yours. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...