Thursday, January 28, 2016

What Does Your Home Say About You?

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
There are many things I'd like to change or rearrange in my home. Right now, we need a new sofa, and I am dreading the process and transition. I'm also starting to feel the urge to paint things. Oh, boy… But there are certain corners in my house that I love all over again all the time, those spots and angles where I feel like I got it right somehow.

I've confessed here before that I keep my decorating magazines FOR YEARS. Seriously. And there are certain homes and vignettes that I go back to again and again, much the same way I return to certain blogs over and over.

What does this mean? That I am too cheap to buy new magazines? Definitely not. I have way too many, though not all of them become a part of what I call the "permanent collection."

I think it means these corners and spaces tell a story of some kind. They make the viewer feel they are being invited inside the lives of the people who reside there. This is my theory anyway. Here are a few corners I still like!


I love this desk and the painting and the silver box and the faux pears and the corner cabinet and the new (old) chair and that pink striped pillow.


I love the fresh, clean look of the white dental molding and the Tiffany lamp and the yellow chair, and I still really, really love the draperies I had made for this room.


There isn't much flowers and candles can't fix. They can lift a dull room or a bad mood.
I also love the match holder, a recent find.


Usually, I try indoor plants during the winter months. Sometimes this goes well.
Sometimes not.
But I like this little guy in my window.
What do plants say about a home?
Life!


While my family room (see below) drives me crazy this time of year because it is WAY TOO SMALL, I never
tire of the vistas on this hill.






Living in the country has many perks, and this is one of them.


What does your home say about you?




7 comments:

  1. When I see your home I see a home that is warm and inviting. I love the colors you use and your decorating taste. I have been changing things in our home, adding more color this year and I want our home to look warm and inviting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is lovely, and I agree with Betty, warm and inviting and you have every part of it perfectly decorated with just the right pieces and accessories.
    Beautiful scenes outside too. I love plants inside too, I always try to have a few, sometimes they don't get used to my house and others I have for years.
    Our most precious dwellings are our homes and many of us are blessed to have a wonderful place over our heads.
    Thanks for this wonderful post, I enjoyed it.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the corners of your home. Right now my home says......you are not vested in me! We moved here last May and pretty much plopped furniture down and that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our home says welcome and we have plenty of room for you. We have guests often and we love it that way. I just absolutely love your traditional decorating style. It's traditional but fresh too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mostly my home says I'm a lazy housekeeper...
    But YOURS is lovely and so are you!!!
    Blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just moved in October but we are making it our own already. I have always had a relaxed farmhouse style that I think conveys take your shoes off, have a glass of sweet tea and visit with me. I'm also a magazine junkie and even have a few from the 1980's that have stood the test of time. I love flipping thru them and seeing that my tastes really haven't changed that much.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home is so warm and welcoming - and what beautiful views! Just by your writing, I can tell that your home matches your personality.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...