Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year, New Sofa?

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
It's time. When your sofa has been in your husband's life longer than you have, it's time. When every single time you plop on the sofa and it groans, it's time. When you have a sentimental attachment to your sofa, like, think of it as a member of the family, it's time. Yes, it is time for a new family room sofa, which means I might actually have one by this time next year. We take a long time to pull the trigger on such purchases.


You've seen the images. Oh, it looks fine.

But beneath that cheery slipcover is a nest of dust mites and pet dander and probably petrified goldfish from Y2K.


We've reupholstered. We've slipcovered.


Alas, it's time to say adios, amigo.



The questions loom: WHAT KIND OF SOFA? WHAT BRAND? WHICH FABRIC? WILL IT BE COMFORTABLE? WILL IT ENDURE?

Ah, the angst!

My husband wants a print of some sort. I want neutral. I've promised, sworn, vowed, and declared that if we get a print, I'm redecorating the rest of the room—new rug, new paint.


Feel free to weigh in on this decision!
I hope all my blogger buddies had a wonderful holiday.
I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Linking up with Savvy Southern Style!
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2016/01/wow-us-wednesdays-255.html

6 comments:

  1. I have a new sofa coming in soon to replace the red sofa. I say go neutral and solid so you don't get tired of it and it's easier to change up pillows and things in the room. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. The trouble is convincing my husband. I will gather LOTS of images to show him that neutral really is better. Let the sofa battle begin!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you and Kim. Neutral is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Penny. Fingers crossed I can persuade him:-)

      Delete
  3. Yes, it doesn't look bad at all but I hear ya! We need a new one, too, and I'm so worried about making the right choice...it's like a car, only worse!!

    Good luck!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have leather in the family room and I have a love/hate relationship with it. The leather is aging beautifully, I've had the frame repaired once, but the cushions have lost their oomph!! lol! Not sure what to do so I don't do anything!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...