Sunday, November 15, 2015

Sunday Prayers

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
I could spend my whole day praying. 
Earth is such a troubled place, 
and all over the world, 
people need our prayers.
Today, I will say my usual gratitude prayer


because I am thankful for the many blessings in my life.
Most especially, I am thankful for my life.
I don't know how long it will last.
I can't know what my last moments on Earth will be like.

I can only hope when my time here comes to an end
I'm at peace and holding the hand of someone I love.

A good deal of my weekend has been spent watching the news
and imagining the last moments of those innocent victims.
The terror, the disbelief, the sudden, violent end.

I pray for them.
I pray for people living in war zones.

I pray for helpers.
I pray for soldiers.
I pray for leaders.
I pray for ALL leaders, 
not just the ones who got my vote.

I pray for those left with overwhelming grief.


I pray for all of us.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Suzanne. The bible says we will not know the day or time -and maybe that is a good thing. Otherwise, we might not have the strength to go forward. God bless you- this is a wonderful post. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say 'Amen' to that. Thank you for the post. You articulated what a lot of people are thinking. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...