Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Magazine Inspiration

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
I am a long-time fan of decorating magazines, and I am also a keeper of magazines. For years now I've been subscribing to Country Living (my favorite!) and Southern Living (love Rick Bragg's essays on the very last page!). I'll read them more than once then pass them off to a friend or put them in the guest room or in the powder room basket for a seasonal touch. After a while I recycle them.

However, there are other magazines that I keep, as in, for years and years, and this is where I get my inspiration.


This is an oldie but a goodie, and it served as inspiration when I was deciding on window treatments for our living room. Now I did not attempt to replicate this space entirely, and I was working with the furniture I already had. Still, I wanted the same cheerful feel to what is surely my favorite room in the house, the living room.




On nights when I just don't feel like reading a novel, or I can't force myself to sit through another HGTV rerun, I go to these, and somehow I come away inspired, even if I've already looked at the magazines dozens of times.







 Have a happy hump day!



6 comments:

  1. oh! You have saved some of the same old "oldies but goodies" that I have saved. You know, the truth is, some things never really go out of style--it may be tweaked a bit-the colors might change a bit-but the style stays the same. Happy Veteran's Day to you! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! The tweaking is fun, though!

      Delete
  2. Country French is my favorite yearly magazine. I have every issue since it started and I am always going through them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I can't believe you still have them all. My favorite magazines are the ones that make you think you could achieve a look/feel, too. Plus, Country French is so inviting.

      Delete
  3. Me too, Suzanne! I have the same ones you showed in your pictures and they might stay here for eternity. I frequently stare at the house that is on the cover of the first Country French magazine. To be honest, I wish Country French magazine would go back a little more to that look. It has definitely changed significantly in the last couple of years. I loved all the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love that one. It's truly my favorite. I was just saying to Penny that I like the magazines that show "real" homes that people actually "live" in, and they don't have million-dollar budgets, but have to be creative to achieve a certain look.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...