Thursday, November 12, 2015

Light in the Window

 Windows tell a story, and to me there is nothing more comforting, more reassuring than seeing lamplight in a window. It means someone is home. It may even mean someone (several people if you're lucky) is waiting for you.


I especially like open windows, literally and metaphorically!




I find it soothing to glance out my window at night and see a neighbor's light on.
It means I am not alone. 






I hope on this Thursday you have plenty of light in your life!
 photo signature_zps1e656175.png

8 comments:

  1. I so agree with you. I also love to open my windows and do it in the winter, especially at night. I seemed to have passed it on to my Daughter. She loves to have her windows open too. Of course in the winter it is only open enough for the air to come in. I love seeing lamps in windows at night on, it just makes the home so warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard there are many health benefits to sleeping with the windows cracked, even in winter.

      Delete
  2. It is so true to me too that a little lamp in the window signifies cozy and welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does! Hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. I love windows as well. But since my panic disorder developed i couldnt have them at night anymore. But little by little I have been able to gain some of it back.. The first thing in the morning i do is open all the shades fully ... Have a wonderful day with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lamp light- any light really. Our house is always well-lit...it makes me happy! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I think it's especially important this time of year. Keeps the winter blues at bay.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...