Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Decking the Walls

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
Scared you there, didn't I? No, this is not a Christmas post. Not yet anyway. What in the world is going on with me? I am actually excited for Christmas this year. It's November. Whew! Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

On to the topic at hand: portraits. I grew up in the South, and in so many houses there were beautiful portraits. This is a tradition I carried into my own home many years ago. Yes, I did the classic portraits of my girls, not as many as I should have probably, but enough so that I can see their sweet faces each time I climb the stairs.

I can also see this little face as I snap a few pictures. 


My husband, the small guy, and his two older siblings.
Beneath that is my youngest daughter.





My three girls and oldest daughter to the left.


High school graduation portraits. I'm on the left, and
oldest "baby" is on the right.


My two youngest daughters in this black and white portrait.


And I love this picture of my MIL.
She exudes attitude.
Just gorgeous!


That girl in pink on the right is yours truly.
Middle daughter is below.


Beautiful oldest daughter. She was about five at the time.


I treasure these pictures, and I don't say that lightly.
It's costly and time consuming, but so worth it to have these people I love 
decking the walls.

10 comments:

  1. I think you can't go wrong with pretty portraits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I still love looking at them, even after all these years!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty photo wall. So many memories, I am sure! I am excited for Christmas as well this year. I just don't start decorating until the day after Thanksgiving though.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't decorate until after Thanksgiving, either, which is why it's so weird that I'm excited this early. Can't wait to see the Christmas touches in that kitchen of yours!

      Delete
  3. So pretty and definitely treasures beyond any dollar amount. A wall full of LOVE! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special each and every one of those pictures are. You daughters are just beautiful and seeing your senior picture I can see where the girls get their beauty from...you were as beautiful then as you are now. I LOVE that picture of your MIL. What a GREAT pose. I also have the family portraits and feel blessed to be able to be the "keeper" of them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet to say that. Funny when I look at that picture of myself, it's like looking at another person. I was another person, I suppose!

      Delete
  5. Love your wall of family pictures. So many wonderful memories. A beautiful display.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kris. Yes, wonderful memories for sure!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...