Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Bathroom Redon't


When we first moved in six years ago, we were
extremely happy to have an ensuite bathroom. 

We didn't love the tile choice the builder/flipper had made, however.


We got estimates for a redo—new tiles on the backsplash and floor, 
new cabinet, and bead board on the walls.

If memory serves the cost would've been $6,000.

Hello? 
Reality check, anyone?


We have children to educate.
Money doesn't grow on trees!

We were going to redo a recently redone (not hideous) bathroom.

Instead, I opted for a redon't.

I tried painting the walls the same color as our master bedroom.




I tried repainting the walls...


something vibrant and daring and…


HIDEOUS!

As it turns out, the third time really is the charm, 
or it's charming enough for now.


First, I selected new fabric for the custom shower curtain.

Next, I took pictures of the tile
and headed to our trusted Benjamin Moore store.

A consultant helped me select a shade to complement the gray.


Next Day Blinds made a custom shade.

I wanted dark to contrast the light walls and match the shades in our bedroom.


To add color I used a few red accents.



It's not our dream ensuite bath, but I'm happy with it.
And I'm very glad not to have to think about it any longer!





 photo signature_zps1e656175.png

7 comments:

  1. It looks great! Love your shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great, now, Suzanne. Sometimes it is all the little details that can take something to that next level (and acceptability) for us. I think you did a good job pulling it all together. It really looks good now. Love the shower curtain, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out great. I love the shower curtain and I am a big fan of matchstick blinds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks wonderful to me! Wish we had a second bathroom. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne it looks great. Sometimes it takes a few times to get it just right. The shower curtain is gorgeous.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzanne can't believe I missed this post...your bathroom looks beautiful!! LOVE that shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Martina. I like it much better this way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...