Thursday, October 29, 2015

Frost on the Pumpkins

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png

It's here! Fall is really, truly here, and there is no more living in denial—wearing flip-flops and sitting on the porch and slathering on sunscreen. I've been embracing the season around here, though. As best as I can anyway.

The other morning my husband said, "There's frost on the pumpkins." This means he's dealing with the fall blues, too, I suppose. Still, I've been looking at Thanksgiving recipes and thinking about the fall getaway to the Eastern Shore, and don't hate me, but my Christmas cards are done. Yep. Oldest daughter was home for a visit, and I put her to work. We failed miserably (I failed, rather) last year, so I was determined to have extra special cards this Christmas. And they are extra special! I've also purchased a couple of gifts and tucked them away. I'll stop bragging now. Sorry.

In theory, I've cut back on my teaching schedule, though I've gone into work for loads of meetings, attended a week-long conference, had a number of nighttime events, and done the usual (perhaps slightly less daunting) grading. Truthfully, I've only seen the teensiest improvement, but I'll take it. At least I am no longer rising at 4:00 AM. Anything is better that THAT nonsense, even a significant cut in pay.

Without further adieu here is my attempt to relish a fall morning in these here parts. I hope wherever you are you are enjoying the season of blessings.












6 comments:

  1. It is all looking just beautiful at your house, Suzanne. I am glad you have cut back on your schedule and don't have to get up at 4am anymore. That is what I did the years I worked at the hospital. I liked getting off early but oh-4am rolled around way too fast every morning.
    I love how Fall looks at your home- it is gorgeous! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images. We miss you here in blog land. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stacey. I've been having issues with photos not loading on Picasa. I think I've fixed the problem. I have several pending posts, so maybe I'm back to blogging. I have missed it, too! Hope you're well.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. Yesterday was one of those misty mornings with great sunlight, so I took lots of pictures!

      Delete
  4. Your house looks very cozy on those misty fall mornings. Fall is my favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...