Friday, October 30, 2015

Blogger Problems

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
There are big ol' problems in this world, and I know 
this is small potatoes. 




However, some things have been spoiling my blog-visiting fun for a while now. 
I visit a site, but instead of finding my blogger friend and her beautiful home or latest recipe, 
I'm assaulted (hyperbole, I realize) by advertisements that clutter the page or flash or blink 
or claim I've won something when I am certain 
I have not. 


For a while I persevered and tried to overlook the ads, but lately 
I find myself visiting sites less frequently, 
or in some cases, 
not at all. 



A few months ago, I agreed to allow advertisements on my blog. 
So far, I've made $34.01. 
I'm glad so many bloggers earn a profit from their blogs. 
Some of them (not mine) require a great deal of time, energy, 
and money. 

Besides that, it's nice to see people doing something they love 
and 
getting paid for it. 



Still, I wonder if traffic is down in some cases. 
I wonder if some of you are frequenting your favorite sites less and less? 
Or, maybe I'm missing some software that would make the images I see 
less cacophonous. 




This is a tiny trouble 


in a world of great big ones, 
but I thought I would put it out there 
and maybe get some helpful feedback.

As for me, I'm considering turning off the ad thingy. 
The belly fat image has shown up on my page one too many times, 
and it's starting to give me a complex!




Happy Friday, y'all.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanne. It is just sad, I think. There are so many blogs that I have followed and loved that I either no longer visit at all, or if I do, I do not have the patience required to leave a comment. Some of the blogs are so slow to load and then they have pop ups that cover half the page and the ones with the rolling ads make me dizzy. lol

    I am happy that there are bloggers that can make a good income and living from advertising on their blog-but I find that I tend to go to blogs that just have pretty homes/things/content and leave the "big blogs" pretty much alone anymore. There are a couple of big blogs that I follow because I like the blogger so much but mostly- I just don't have the time and/or patience to deal with all the ads. Speaking of which...an ad for FALL COLLECTION SALES EVENT (Lexus) is now hovering as I type this....lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss these sites, though, and wish there were a way to make the ads less LOUD. Have you visited Young House Love? They no longer blog, but their site is still live. They are very successful, but the ads were always in keeping with design, and didn't interfere with the reader's visit. I have had weird ads show up on mine, too. I'm a writer, so I have to google strange topics all the time! Glad to hear your thoughts on this. I hope other folks weigh in on it, too.

      Delete
  2. I just put the first ad on my blog this week. It makes me nervous because I do not want the belly image. :)

    If there are videos, sounds, flashing lights, and all of that...I stop visiting. Otherwise, I don't even notice them usually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belly image just showed up again! Big Brother is watching. Glad you commented. I've been curious about this for a while now.

      Delete
  3. I hear you on these points. I love that bloggers can make extra money, it's fantastic. I don't like pop ups or ads that are hard to close out because the X is so hard to find. I also hate the pop ups to subscribe to the blog before you have a chance to decide if you want to.

    Laughed at the belly fat ad. I once saw an ad on a known vegetarian's blog for hunting gear. She had no idea. Gulp!

    Thanks for your visit!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've had weird ads show up on mine, too. Or, you look for something online and then an ad shows up on Facebook. All so very creepy. I do miss some of these blogs, though. Wish there were a happy medium. Thanks for giving your input!

      Delete
  4. I know what you mean. I have several blogs that I do not read anymore due to the amount of ads. I think that some do not realize that some readers may have a slow server and it takes forever to download all those ads to read their blogs. My internet server is not that slow, but I do have problems. I wish we could go back when there was no ads and you could enjoy reading the blogs. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh friend...do I EVER understand!!! On top of the ad problem, people truncate their blogs, so for we folks who have slow loads anyway, reading a blog is an exercise in futility!!
    I have made a short list of the blogs that I can actually enjoy, and I read them when I have time. I don't even bother with the bigger blogs that only seem to be interested in making money and just manage to waste my time!!
    Thank you for seeing the problem and keeping your blog enjoyable!! I REALLY appreciate you!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...