Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I'm Still Alive and Well

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
I think about my blogger buddies all the time, but lately I have had ZERO inspiration. Maybe it was the winter that at this point feels like a rude house guest. Or, it could be that I have been working really hard on a project (not decorating related) that I'm just not ready to share yet. Quite possibly, it's that my job is way too hectic, and what little time is left I spend with my loved ones. Whatever the case, I've given myself the right to not blog or visit websites or comment because in this nice world, you people, whom I consider my people, understand.

Still, it just wouldn't be right if I didn't post something daffodil related since this pitiful, neglected blog of mine is called Daffodil Hill.


Today is the eleventh anniversary of my mother's death, and this past week two friends have lost parents: a mother and a father. When my mother died, I remember thinking Thank God it's spring. At least there will be flowers. At least there will be sunlight and warmth. And it was this miracle of spring that got me through. There is no way around grief, and at times I was suffused with it. Fine one minute and weeping the next.


In this Easter season, I plan to focus on the miracle of Christ and his resurrection and what that means for all of us.

I hope that wherever you are or whatever you're going through, the miracle of spring fills you with wonder, makes you stop and breathe deeply and rejoice in this fleeting gift of life.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Suzanne. it is absolutely wonderful to see a post from you here today. God bless you. Those anniversaries of losing someone we love can really get us down sometimes. Praying that you have a blessed Easter. No daffodils here for at least another 5 or 6 weeks. Crazy, huh? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne - good to see you back. Yes, Spring gives us all hope. Your daffodils are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see notification that you have posted! And what a lovely and inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzanne--I am with you on the neglectful blog and no inspiration. Your daffodils are quite lovely. I have had only a lonely crocus bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post! Happy Easter to you and yours!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is SO good to see you and your daffys!!
    I was getting worried!
    Have a blessed Easter...He is risen, just as He promised!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see you back! I totally understand the lack of inspiration. I had a tough month of March but I agree with you that the spring weather has me feeling more optimistic! I hope you and your family have a Happy Easter!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...