Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Recap

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
Well, I've taken down all the Christmas decorations, save for the tree. I'm planning to tackle that tomorrow. We've had our ham leftovers and black-eyed peas for good luck. Last night the hubby and I celebrated our wedding anniversary. On Tuesday, I put my sweet oldest girl on a plane back to sunny LA. We had a merry, merry Christmas, and thus far I can't complain about the New Year. In spite of terrible colds, we have thoroughly enjoyed our break. Best of all, I have been able to sleep in most mornings. Heaven, I tell ya! Sleep, sleep, sleep is a beautiful thing.

As for resolutions, I intend to find the positive when possible. Live in the moment whenever I can, and think smaller and tighter and more intimate. While I do love decorating and house hunting, I want to truly embrace this lovely home of mine. And, I want to express my gratitude daily. I actually started this back in December. Rather than listen to NPR or an audible book on the way to work each morning, I've been listing all the blessings in my life. If I'm being honest, some cranky mornings I start my list with toast or body lotion, but it always progresses (even if begrudgingly at first) to the really important things: a beating heart, a husband, three beautiful daughters, two crazy mutts, a handful of really close friends, a great job, and life itself.

Rather than recap decorating projects for the year—frankly, I'm just not that organized—here are a few of my favorite shots from 2014.
































6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I have loved looking back on your year. Your girls are adorable! Here's to another year of blogging with you!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, but even more beautiful are your daughters! Happy New Year, look forward to following you again in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL Suzanne!! Happy New Year...wishing you all the best in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, your post is wonderful! I love your mindset and goals. Your pictures are filled with love and happiness and those beautiful daughters of yours!

    Love to you in the New Year! :)

    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the goals you've set for yourself in 2015. It's always so important to be grateful for what we have and not always looking for something we don't. Loved seeing your favorite pics from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful home! So nice to see your favorite pictures. And I agree - sleeping has been wonderful this winter break. Tomorrow it's back to the routine for us. Happy New Year to you!
    Cheers! Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...