Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas in the Dining Room

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
Finally! I was waiting for a break in the weather to get a few good pictures, but I gave up! Here's a quick look at Christmas in the dining room.




I'm just keeping it simple. Some greenery here and there. I love the real stuff, but I can't deal with falling needles. We do have a real Christmas tree, though. More pictures on that later this week.



Different camera setting here.





I moved this lamp from the living room to make space for the Christmas tree. It might stay. I love seeing that light when I pull into the driveway.


Vintage Santa, a token from my childhood home.






I will invest in some fresh flowers over the weekend, but it's too early yet.


I hope you're having a great week! I can't wait to have some much-needed time off. I have projects around the house I want to tackle. Plus, my body needs some rest and exercise. Lots to look forward to in the coming weeks.

Linking up with Savvy Southern Style!

11 comments:

  1. Your dining room looks great. Love your chandy dressed for the season. I really like the light in the window, too, for when you come home. Nothing like a little beacon of brightness to greet you. Glad you have some time off coming up. Lots going on for all of us. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne, everything looks so pretty! I always want to decorate the chandeliers and never seem to get that done. Fresh flowers will be the icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh it all looks beautiful, it really does,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty and I'm like you, I can't deal with falling needles. We haven't had a live tree in probably 30 years! :) Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colorful plates are gorgeous!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! We also have a real tree every year. It's not Christmas without one in our house!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks wonderful, Suzanne! I had problems taking my pictures today as well with all the fog and gloom. I hope I get a sunny day to finish up. Your lamp is so pretty and I love the way you decorated the light fixture. I use real greens but I soak the stems in a bucket of water for days with a preservative. Faux greenery is great, I use it when it's from a distance, like on top of cabinets and shelves. You have done a fabulous job...did I miss the tree?!

    Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dining room looks beautiful, Suzanne. I know you are going to enjoy having your time off for the holidays. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dining room looks so pretty and I love your christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...