Saturday, December 6, 2014

Christmas 2013 Decorations

 photo signature_zps1e656175.png
The decorating frenzy is about to begin, so as a refresher to myself and for anyone who's interested, I thought I would look back at past Christmases. I can't believe it's been a year since the last one. And now winter is upon us! Again. 

This has been a stressful and much too hectic week, and to be honest, I'm tired just thinking about dragging out all the decorations—the mess and chaos and the strand of lights that will surely stop working, you know, after all the ornaments are on.



But I'm taking the day off on Monday. I need a little alone time in my house. I used to get alone time in my house all the time. Now, not so much. This might cure what ails me, and I suspect that once I drag everything out, I'll get in the spirit. I always do.


As much as I love the season, I also like that feeling in early January, when everything is tucked away again, and my house has a sparse but clean feeling. This always inspires me to decorate or change things up a little. We've been in our home for over five years. Now that everything is mostly settled, I'm getting an itch to change it up again.

Uh-oh.




My girls keep asking when we're getting the tree, and I love that even as teenagers they are still excited about our traditions. My husband put the lights on this little guy last weekend, but it blew a fuse. The lights haven't' worked all week. No one has had time to resolve the issue.


It's early on a Saturday morning as I write this, and all is quiet for the time being. After a long, tiresome week, it feels so good to be home.




And these little girls love it when people are home. Have a wonderful weekend, blogger friends.

4 comments:

  1. Everything looked beautiful Suzanne...I know this years will be beautiful too! Your tree was gorgeous! Listening to Christmas music always puts me in a peaceful mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas decorations looks amazing.

    It has been a crazy week here and I understand the exhaustion. Hope you get some time to recoup this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live alone now with the pupsters, and I'm a happy camper! I love my alone time and am a true homebody.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how tiring it can be to drag out everything if you already have a busy schedule going on. It's times like that that I would do less and recruit help from other family members. I don't know why it always seems to be up to the mom to do it all. Doesn't that always seem to be the case? Hope you're already having a better week now and getting some alone time in. I like alone time too. It's so therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...