Monday, September 29, 2014

Party Animals

It was a crazy weekend.
Youngest daughter's 13th birthday party was Saturday night. 
20+ girls.
Originally, I said there'd be 13 girls attending the party. 
I WAS WRONG.


My day started with an early morning grocery trip.
Then it was home to decorate and organize.


We were blessed with perfect weather. 
Not too hot. 
Not too chilly.
Like I said, perfect!


We kept it simple: hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill, mac and cheese, chips, vegetable platter, 
cake and ice cream.


At thirteen the girls entertained themselves. They sang and danced 
and took A LOT of selfies.


Our local grocery store makes beautiful (and delicious) cakes.


It really was a wonderful evening. 
What I loved most, however, was how this girl right here conducted herself.


She opened her gifts slowly. She was genuinely grateful and gracious.
She made each friend feel special.
She said thank you so many times I lost count.
And she has a great group of friends.

It's hard watching your children grow up. But knowing they are turning into 
really good people makes the process so much easier.

I hope you have a great Monday. I'm going to work so I can get some rest.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your daughter! My youngest son is 13 too. I bet your daughter loved having everyone over at one time. Her cake was cute! She must be a gymnast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had a great time and love the cake. It really was terrific. So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your beautiful young lady! Glad she had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...