Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Grading Papers with My Ottoman Friend

I started thinking about my favorites.
Not my favorite students.
Teachers are supposed to love all their students the same.
Not true of furniture, however.
Have you ever thought about your favorites?
Those pieces you'd take with you, even IF
you could start all over in your
decorating dream world?

Well, I did start thinking about this, mainly because I 
just didn't feel like grading papers.


Hey, there's Miss Mustard Seed's pretty dining room on the cover.
Talk about decorating dream world.
I love her style.
And I love that cow.
I digress.


Back to favorite pieces.
If say Sarah Richardson showed up and said, "Okay, I'm decorating your dream house. What stays?"
I would tell Sarah to take that navy ottoman you see there.
Found this little guy in a second-hand shop, 
and bought him on the spot.

Picked out a delicious fabric, 
and had him transformed.
He's a keeper!


I have one last paper in the stack. 


Can I do it? 


Or maybe I could climb on furniture and take decorator-ish shots of my ottoman instead.
Bloggers are a strange bunch.


Thanks for stopping by and looking at pictures of my ottoman.


Oh, and if you look inside this pretty magazine, you'll find another favorite blogger,
Kelly over at Essence of Home.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great ottoman. I would love Sarah Richardson or Genevieve Gorder to come decorate my house, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ottoman. Isn't it funny how you LOVE some pieces...wouldn't want to part with them? I am that way with my Bombe' chest AND my down-filled chair-although I would slipcover it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for wanting to keep that pretty ottoman. I love the skirt on it. Thanks so much for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...