Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Some Guests Are Best

This time last year oldest "baby" left for California 
and graduate school.
Hard to believe it's been a whole year.

Not gonna lie, her absence left a big ol' hole in my heart
but it would be weird if she lived with me forever.
And this was her dream for a while now.

For a long time I didn't even go into Cassie's room. 
She had her own entrance, after all,
so I didn't actually need to go there.

The few times I couldn't avoid it, I found the experience just awful.
First, because my daughter is wonderful and thoughtful, and she 
had left the room the way I've always encouraged my girls to leave
a hotel or vacation house: in perfect condition, better than the way you found it.

And her room was scrubbed clean, the bed made to perfection.


But the space was too bare bones without her trinkets and pictures 
and essence; it made me sad.

And you know what helps (sometimes) when you're sad. 

Shopping! 
Decorating!
Rearranging!


This is the view from the little porch.


And guess who will be walking through this door in just a few hours.


Yep, oldest daughter will be home for a week-long visit!


The room is clean and cozy and ready for the best guest!


The linens are the same. No need to change those out.


There's a funky chair that desperately needs to be slipcovered, though 
I haven't found the right person for the job.
In the meantime, a pillow and blanket 
will help pull things together a bit.


Accessories are always my favorite.


Fresh towels from Pottery Barn, a splurge for sure.
But they are so elegant.


The bathroom is tiny, but it does have everything a person needs, including
a hair dryer and shampoo, conditioner, razor, soap, etc.
No need to drag those things across the country.


This time will fly, I know.
My daughter was home at Christmas, and it was a blur.
But for the next few days I will have 
all three girls
under one roof.
And this is bliss.


Linking up with Kim at Savvy Southern Style!

10 comments:

  1. The bedroom is beautiful. I just love your blue and yellow every time I see it. The new towels are perfect! Hope you have a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoyed our first night of togetherness. Love these girls!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful space...enjoy every minute with your girls :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how excited you are! Have a wonderful time with them. And the room is beautiful, cozy, comfy and love those towels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. The towels are so pretty! A good investment, I hope.

      Delete
  4. Oh i do understand, how fun, enjoy this time with all three. Precious moments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...