Monday, August 4, 2014

Morning Glory

I love these summer mornings when everything ticks along 
at a much slower pace.
Time for breakfast.
Time for writing.
Time for admiring the enormous crape myrtle 
outside my window.
And that hazy, post-rain mist is softening the blow of Monday morning reality.


Turns out I'm a morning person.


I see beauty in a fat, tasty muffin
and the smell of coffee
and the clean dishes, still warm from the dishwasher,
and the limelight hydrangea blossom
that is the size of my head.


Have you ever noticed that silence makes a sound?


Sometimes just taking a few minutes to savor breakfast and 
look around makes all the difference in how
the rest of my day goes, a day that will include
a lengthy orthodontist trip (my daughter, not me),
having the gaping hole above my kitchen sink
fixed, which will mean construction dust
EVERYWHERE. 



I hope wherever you are this Monday morning is as kind to you as it's been to me.

OH, and in case you're curious about the spelling of crepe/crape myrtle, check out this informative link.
The other nice thing about this morning is I actually had time to look it up!

http://www.garden.com/garden-articles/is-it-crape-myrtle-or-crepe-myrtle/140/

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading about your relaxing and delicious morning. I also love starting off the mornings this way. Savoring everything my senses take in! I've said this before, but your house to me, is so relaxing and welcoming. I love your table!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am a morning person. For the busy day ahead, it was a good idea to take sometime for yourself and enjoy the beauty of the morning, your home and those yummy muffins. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to start the day...looking at pretty flowers while enjoying muffins and coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely way to start the day Suzanne! As it turns out I am a morning person too although I do love to sleep! I know that doesn't seem to make sense but my idea of sleeping in is sleeping until about 8 or 8:30 am. The morning is when I can get the most done and is when I feel the most alive and optimistic. Enjoy your week!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...