Monday, August 11, 2014

Clean Summer Kitchen

There is nothing better than a clean kitchen.
Dishes put away.
Fridge organized.
Counters wiped down.
Sink scrubbed.
Fresh flowers on the counter.
A basket filled with homegrown produce!


A cute new mat from Dash & Albert doesn't hurt, either.
I love that company.
This summer I've ordered two mats from them, and 
both arrived the very next day.
Talk about instant gratification!


While I can let some other rooms go (master bathroom, basement, kids' rooms), 
the kitchen is smack in the middle of everything.


So it needs to stay clean.
You know what they say about Mama being happy.
Well, I am not happy if there is clutter in my kitchen.


The details matter.






It's funny to me how the inspiration for an entire room
can come from one tiny butter dish.


I like to think of all the meals and memories created here: Thanksgivings and Christmases 
and birthday dinners and summertime lunches
and those plain old nights when there is 
only enough energy for spaghetti with sauce from a jar (Paul Newman's is my preference).




These flowers were a surprise from oldest daughter. We had our garden party on Friday night, 
and this was her way of saying thank you.


They say the kitchen is the heart of the home, and I agree. 
Where else do we so obviously demonstrate our 
affection for the ones we love?


I hope wherever you are this week brings you love and a clean kitchen!

Linking up with Savvy Southern Style!
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2014/08/wow-us-wednesdays-182.html

12 comments:

  1. Yes, the details do matter and yours are beautiful. I have always loved your kitchen and I agree that there is nothing like a clean kitchen! Enjoy!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Shelley! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts:-)

      Delete
  2. I loved the post and totally agree with you. You have a lovely kitchen. I love the colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how a clean kitchen can totally lighten my mood. Too bad it doesn't stay that way for very long. Your kitchen is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my kitchen isn't clean, I don't feel like I can accomplish much!

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you. You and I actually have pretty much the same things on the counters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. You're right. I just checked:-)

      Delete
  5. I'm right there with ya...it drives me nuts to see clutter in the kitchen!! Your kitchen and family room always looks so cozy and inviting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a fan of small kitchens. My favorite kitchen was in a studio apartment -- it was in a sort of alcove and you literally needed not take more than two steps from sink to stove to fridge. Didn't hurt that it was full of charm with glass-front cabinets built in the 20s, wall mounted sink, etc. Do you know what I love most about Michael Penney's kitchen? If you look closely at the cabinets, you can see they had that 80s strip of wood across the top of each door/drawer. He painted it to match and then did some fabulous decorating around it. I think the wallpaper is my favorite.
    -interior-decor-white-and-red-kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy to get what you need in a small kitchen! I do wish for a bigger one when I''m baking with my girls, though.

      Delete
  7. Your kitchen is beautiful! I agree...it's the little things like a clean kitchen, fresh flowers, etc. that can make me incredibly happy. :) Love your cute butter dish too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...