Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Someone's in the Kitchen with Ina!

Yes, I know, that's a silly little pun, but I get my laughs where I can.
I am more of a wintertime cook. Summers are for being lazy, and I can assure you there's been plenty of laziness around here this summer.




That said, we still have to eat, and while I love our grill, there are nights when I feel like cranking up the stove instead. I'm a big fan of Ina Garten. She's warm, friendly, and classy, just the sort of person I'd like to hang out with, and in addition to those attributes, she can cook. Sadly, I don't know Ina in person, but I do have almost all of her wonderful cookbooks!

Hands down my favorite meal is her lemon chicken. It's delicious and so easy to make. Because I'm too lazy (like I said, it's summer) to type all the directions for you, I've attached the link to Ina's recipe at the bottom of this page. 



I love those days when I actually feel like cooking. During the school year when things are so hectic, we turn into Bertolli people. Dinner-from-a-bag, my husband calls it.


But on this night I was in the mood to don an apron and get started. There's something so pretty about food, and I guess that's why artists paint such things.














There are nights when we're lazy and have pizza in front of the TV, but to me there is nothing more important than sitting down at the table with your children.
I find out all sorts of things about their day that I wouldn't have known otherwise.
















After all that it's time for a nap!

2 comments:

  1. Just printed this recipe...making it tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm. it looks delicious - love your Temp-tations dish also! Jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...