Friday, July 18, 2014

Poundcake Friday!

I don't know why, but I love making poundcake. I love how simple it is and how the house smells when it's baking. I love the way it looks in the cake dish. I love that there are crumbs around said cake plate because my children love to eat poundcake. I'm not big on baking, and this is mainly due to the fact that I would EAT IT ALL. Every now and then, however, a little slice of poundcake doesn't hurt. Much.


















Maybe this could be a new holiday. We are all required to take a day off and eat poundcake! OH, and then we have to go shopping at Home Goods. Who's in with me?

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with Kim at Wow-us Wednesdays!
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2014/07/wow-us-wednesdays-179.html

6 comments:

  1. sounds like a wonderful holiday! I wonder if Hallmark will develop a card?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pound Cake and Homegoods Day ~ sounds perfect to me! Home baked goodies are so yummy but I don't do it much either for the same reason. BTW, your tablecloth is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pound Cake and Homegoods Day ~ sounds perfect to me! Home baked goodies are so yummy but I don't do it much either for the same reason. BTW, your tablecloth is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pound Cake and Homegoods Day ~ sounds perfect to me! Home baked goodies are so yummy but I don't do it much either for the same reason. BTW, your tablecloth is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When the kids were growing up I was always making poundcakes. I love the vanilla aroma they gave off too. When done with the kitchen I think I will make a few for us and the kids. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pound cake as well and any excuse to eat it sounds great to me! Yes to pound cake day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...