Monday, June 30, 2014

Summer on the Porch!

Remember me? I used to blog. That was before life carried me away (and I don't mean in the Calgon fashion). Let's just say daughter number two was on TWO lacrosse teams, and daughter number three was on one, plus she takes gymnastics and piano. I also have this crazy job. I have mentioned this before, I know. At any rate, it's SUMMER and I get to be home with kids and dogs and house. Yippee!

Remember this sad little porch I told you about a while ago?


The porch that last summer looked like this?


Well, now it looks like this!


I know, right?

So, it all started because my fabric was shot. It looks fine in the picture, but trust me when I say it was stained and dirty, and the covers were not removable, unfortunately. Last year, my husband scrubbed them, to no avail.

I'm a big fan of Vignette Design, another blogger. http://www.vignettedesign.net/.

Of course, after stalking browsing her beautiful website, I came upon this fabric. It's called cilantro, and it's made by Sunbrella. BINGO! Do you want to know how lazy I am?


I didn't even bother to order a sample. My favorite, local seamstress extraordinaire said, "Want me to order a swatch first?" And I said, "Nope. I'll have what she's having." It helps that I'm fifty and have been doing this sort of thing for a while. Plus, I needed said cushions ASAP. No time for dilly-dallying. It also helps that I am a loyal follower of lots of design blogs.

The pillows are from a local home store (not Home Goods for once).


The lamps are from Plough and Hearth. Love these, too. We started with one, and this year I added another. The candles and tray are from the same local store.


And this sweet little cow is from Home Goods. Sixteen bucks and so cute!


The coffee table belonged to my MIL. My husband refinished it last summer. The rug was a $40 Home Depot find.


Goodbye for now, but not for nearly three months. I have missed the blogger world and all of you!


Hope your summer is relaxing and wonderful and off to a great start.

Happy to join Savvy Southern Style for Wow-us Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Summer Suzanne!

    Your porch is wonderful. I don't blame you one bit for choosing that fabric for your porch furniture. Everything looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The porch looks fabulous. I love the green cushions, they look gorgeous and so does the rest of the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful porch! I have to tell you that I thought about your blog while driving the kids home from camp today. I have no idea why it popped into my head at that moment but I do have these weird/psychic things that appear at random times...and it must have been one of those times. Anyway, I had to chuckle to myself when I saw this new post from you! Glad to hear things are going well! Take care! - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the perfect, cozy spot to relax and entertain. Gorgeous new fabric and I am a "let's go for it" kind of girl, too, so bravo and ordering the fabric without a swatch! Cutie little cow too!!! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The green cushions look so serene, especially with all your trees in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...