Monday, March 3, 2014

Saturday Night On Monday Morning

On this Monday morning, I thought it might be nice to remember 
Saturday night.

Table set.



Candles lit.





The weather is still abysmal.

I have spent much of today trying to remember what it's like to garden, 
to lift heavy bags of mulch and dig in the dirt
and wait for things to grow.

It will come, though, right?
I confess that when I heard about this latest storm, I had a terrible, awful, horrible, bad thought:
What if warm weather and sunshine never come?
Is this how they felt on the ark?
Come on, deliver an olive branch, please!


For now I will do my best to enjoy the beauty that is—time with my sweet girls.

I hope wherever you are you are safe and warm.

7 comments:

  1. It will come...keep the faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though outside is still cold and gloomy your inside looks so warm and cozy and ready for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saturday night looked very cozy with all of your candles lite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were suppose to have more ice, but we lucked out. We did have over 5 inches of snow. Your home looks so lovely with all the candles. I love candles too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way, we had a snow storm over the weekend but it wasn't as bad as they said it was going to be...so spring will be here soon! It's usually after my son's birthday on the 17th about a week later the leaves start to come out on the trees! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there - we are all 100% with you - READY FOR SPRING ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I can relate to the desperation in your post! Your comparing it to Noah and the ark humors me, but I get it!! Hopefully, this will be the last and well have hope for warmer days very soon.
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...