Monday, March 31, 2014

My Sad Little Porch

My favorite room in our house is actually 
the screen porch.

I relax here.

I read here.

We often eat supper here.
Or lunch.

Oh, but currently it's in a sad state.


I took this picture yesterday.
On March 30th, 2014, 
about an hour
before it 
SNOWED.
Yes, it snowed again.
Ha! But it didn't stick!
Winter, you are losing your grip!

Here's what my porch looked like in all her glory.


Ah, summer!


You can't really tell from these shots, but the fabric is faded and stained.
Currently, the slips covers are with the lady who made
some of the window treatments in our house.
She is giving them a fresh new look.
I've chosen Sunbrella's cilantro green.


I am itching to clean this space and make it pretty again!





I'm seriously in a Think Spring mode!

Have a great Monday.


7 comments:

  1. I am hoping we had out last snowfull this past weekend. Our porch is so sad right now too, but hopefully next month it will look so much better and I can finally sit on it once again. Yours looks so pretty last year and I know it will look that way again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are finally (knock on wood) finished with snow here. Your porch is going to look wonderful with the new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely porch! I know you can't wait to get it all dressed up again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch will be back in its glory before you know it! I can't wait to see your new slip covers. You are smart to do that and I just might next year. We bought some cute new pillows to freshen up our patio a couple of weeks ago. Planted most of our pots this past weekend - not supposed to go below 50 from here on out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your porch looked beautiful Suzanne....and I know it will look just as pretty this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your porch is amazing! I would have so much fun decorating it. It looked so pretty--please do post when you get her all pretty again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My deck is sadder than sad! I can't wait to revive it! I love your porch -- soon it will be as pretty as last year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...