Sunday, March 23, 2014

Mucky March Getaway

Last weekend the family and I escaped for a too-short weekend
at the beach.


My husband and I have been overworked, the reason I haven't blogged much these past couple
of weeks.
Plus, I am facing Mucky March.
It's cold and dreary.

But last weekend was perfect. 
And Saturday was warm enough to sit outside!


We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott, which is right on the Ocean City boardwalk.
A lovely place, well decorated, too!


Middle daughter worked on her photography skills.
She's inherited my husband's college camera.



You might say youngest daughter was exuberant.


Sisters got along.
In our house we have a saying: Sisters first and forever.




Life is too busy for my taste sometimes.
Occasionally, it's good to leave your to-do list behind
and go enjoy the things in life that  
actually mean something.







They're are calling for more snow this week.
The day is gray and cold.
But as I write this post, I am grateful to have had the weekend
with the folks I love most.
The Assateague ponies were pretty cute, too.


Have a good week!

7 comments:

  1. Oh-It looks like you had an absolutely wonderful time. That is just so great when you can get away with family like that and have some true downtime...and fun! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are amazing!! Glad to hear you took a wonderful break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun! Your family is beautiful! I know, we are expecting more snow this week too...ugh..
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use a week-end like that. Wish we lived closer to the beach. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even a couple of days away can really recharge the batteries. Glad you had a nice escape -- really enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is where we camp every summer!! We stay in the national park camp site with a pop up camper. We call it "pony beach!!"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...