Monday, February 3, 2014

The Real Deal

So, I've been saying to my youngest daughter for a while now,
 "We ought to blog about your room."
Last summer she got a new bed.
New comforter.
New bureau.
New storage bench.
New sitting bench.
New ottoman.
New lamp.

Definitely sounds like a project worth blogging about, right?

Trouble is
her room
is always full of

STUFF.

Finally, I gave up and blogged about a lot of other things.
Then I decided to blog about youngest daughter's room anyway because this is 
the 
real
deal.


It's a kid's room, a real kid's room.


Scored this bureau for $100 and painted it myself.





The new iron bed came from LL Bean.
Oh, and she got a new mattress, too!




This bench was hideous before, but I spray painted it, and used left over Roman shade fabric
for the seat.





In a perfect world, I would make this room look perfect, 
like something out of Pottery Barn Teen perhaps.


But this is the real deal, clutter and all. It's cozy, comfy, and warm.

Youngest daughter seems happy here.

5 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!! Love her bed and that pretty fabric you used on her stool and shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! The colors are pretty but that fabric you used here and there is perfect! Paisley has never looked so fun!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like my granddaughters room, pink. Love the paisley print fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the real deal, Suzanne! It is a perfect room and I love all the colors. Great job with it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as she's happy...that's all that counts. It's a perfect girls room...great paisley fabric! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...