Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Details in the Master

For me, most of decorating is in the details.
It's not fancy furniture, although we have collected some
nice pieces over the years.

It's not in following all the latest trends.
I'm not much into trends.
Or, if I do get into a trend, it's usually over.
Decorating in my house is closely linked with the little things.


This stool I purchased second-hand and redressed to match the slip-covered chair.


The picture hanger that was left over from another project.



This blanket I found at Home Goods.



The plate and topiary. I love this room mostly because it's 
cozy
and 
functional.

Plus,


all the little details make me smile.
Hardware from Anthropologie.

Silhouettes from a local antique store.




And my latest detail is this new lantern I bought for a steal 
at 
Overstock.



This is an antique my hubby purchased years ago.
She's a curvy girl, and I have always love the white knobs.



The Pottery Barn pillow. How could I resist these details?


The trim on these curtains to tie it all together. Buffalo checks are a favorite of mine!



This poor water color was in terrible shape. I bought it and reframed it, and I love the story it tells.




This room makes me happy because of the details.
I love being here!
I love that when I'm exhausted and depleted from a long, trying day, 
this room shelters me.



See that heart above the bed?

This one?


It once belonged to my mother, and it now hangs over my side of the bed.
She died ten years ago this March.
But she lives in my heart.

15 comments:

  1. I don't go by trends either. What I like the most about your decorating style is the colors. They are so cheerful and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a trendy person either. I love the classics, whether in decorating or fashion. Your room is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is beautiful and all the sentimental items make it so special. I could see how you would feel so warm and cozy in there!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so pretty because it isn't trendy! I adore your traditional but fresh style. That chair needs to come to Texas and live in my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the details. Your room is beautiful. I would love for you to come and link this up to my Winter Blues Wednesday party going on right now. Hope to see you there. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every detail in this room Suzanne...the chair ...the yellow buffalo check...the gallery wall above your bed...the lantern and that green lamp on the bedside table! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the watercolor and your new lantern. The gallery wall is amazing. So sorry about your mom! The heart is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful room and I love all the details too. Crazy about the checks and the heart is such a special treasure. I would love for you to link up to my ongoining party - Inspire Me - http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2014/02/203rd-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it fun to pay attention to detail? Sometimes I seem to forget the relevance of some of my treasures! Pretty room, love the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhhh, so very homey!! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your room - the colors, the details, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your room looks wonderful. I really love that green throw with the giant Pom Poms.... But most of all, the heart that belonged to your mom. My mom passed away in November and I have things that belonged to her that really comfort me now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the details, your room looks wonderful! I enjoyed your post a lot.
    Besos from Argentina,
    Silvina

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cozy bedroom. The yellow patterns are beautiful I love that chair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful room, pretty details all throughout!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...