Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Winter Is Hard

I was born in the winter.
This ought to mean that I like winter.
I don't like winter.
There are a few things I do to keep my sanity during this
gloomy
cold
snowy
season.

I exercise and write and read and light candles and build nightly fires.

But the most important thing I do during the winter is purchase flowers.


There is nothing wrong with therapy. Therapy can be a good thing.
But flowers are cheaper.


 And flowers have always made me happy, even when I was a little girl.



Hydrangeas and daffodils are my favorite.


There is nothing quite so hopeful as a daffodil in spring. It'll be here before we know it!


On Friday I'll share my new flatware.
I know. Hold onto your seats!


Linking up with Kim at Savvy Southern Style!
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/08/wow-us-wednesdays-130.html#

9 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty. It is 8 degrees here this morning and I am sitting in my flannel PJ's in front of the fire with covered with an afghan. Hurry up spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a flower buyer too. I love it in the summer when they come right out of the flower bed but in winter the grocery store is my go to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE flowers in the winter! And yours are so pretty! You are right, they have a way of making you smile every time you walk into the room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers really do make things seem more cheerful! I could use some now after getting a foot of snow yesterday! C'mon spring...
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love adding fresh flowers in the house and tulips are my favorite! Yours look beautiful Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going out tomorrow and buy some flowers. Yours are beautiful. I love flowers very much and haven't treated myself in a long time. It is the time of year to enjoy flowers inside. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting mighty sick of this winter. I think I need to buy some flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a child I loved winter, but as an adult I too can't wait for it to be over especailly this winter. Your flowers do look pretty and I can see how it would lift ones mood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to buy some tulips, too. They really do cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...