Monday, January 27, 2014

One Light at a Time


When we purchased our Dutch colonial 4+ years ago, I knew right away the light fixtures 
had
to
go!

They were big box store lights with little style and not much light, ironically.

A couple of months ago, we replaced the existing boob light in our master bedroom with this 
lovely lantern (Overstock, $134.00)


We love it!


In both our girls' rooms, I used this fixture, yet another Overstock bargain.
I did have to purchase these shades separately, however.


In our foyer we have this lovely lady.
Yep, you guessed it.
Overstock.


Admittedly, this was a more expensive fixture from Shades of Light. Recently, we installed a dimmer switch. I love the appeal of low light or bright light.


And I LOVE the sweet little birds.



We purchased this fixture at a local lighting store. It was a little pricier, though I can't remember exactly what we paid.


 One of my favorite purchases were these beautiful pendants from Schoolhouse Lighting, a splurge for sure.



This Moravian star light fixture was a Shades of Light find. I had been scouring the Internet for years in hopes of a bargain. 
The cost was $189


I haven't done the math, honestly, and it was certainly an investment to change out the fixtures. Still, I don't regret the changes.
And because we made them slowly, 
it wasn't an expense we incurred all at once.

Happy Monday! Stay warm, blogger buddies.

On Wednesday I'll share some little changes in the family room.

Linking up with Kim at Savvy Southern Style
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2014/01/wow-us-wednesdays-154.html

12 comments:

  1. You've picked out some great lighting. Love the pendants you chose for the kitchen-the chording adds such a nice look to them. Your master bedroom looks fabulous. The light fixture in there reminds me of an English cottage. We've changed every light fixture in our home so I know how it can add up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think lights can really set the tone of a room! I love all the ones you've chosen! We recently installed a new chandy in the dining room that we love, but I'm now looking for the perfect light for our kitchen. I don't even use what is there now (a hideous modern looking one that casts a green tint)!! It's been difficult to find the right one for our kitchen since it's such an old house... I think I need task lighting and a pretty one, too. Wish me luck!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lights are lovely. I have been changing our lights too. I love the pendant light and I have been thinking about getting one for our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great choices and they add so much character to all the rooms. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all Suzanne! The one in your front entry has always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful choices! I love the one in your bedroom and the birdie one the most.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lighting is all so pretty! It really does make a difference when you change out old fixtures. My husband never understands when I do that until it's done - then he likes it! Stay warm! The wind chills are supposed to get ridiculous the next few days. At least there is no snow in the forecast!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all your choices. Sometimes those splurges are just so worth it, Suzanne. It is fun to see what a difference lighting makes in a house, isn't it? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What beautiful fixtures! I love them all but really love the one in your bedroom! It is so classy! I also love the one with the birds. I'm glad I don't have to pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous lighting fixtures. It makes all the difference in a room. I would love for you to link this up to my Winter Blues Wednesday party going on right now. Hope to see you there. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pendant lights and all the rest. So many decisions in making a house your home, aren't there?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the lantern light (especially)... I've been looking for one that wouldn't "break the bank", I'm heading to Overstock right now! Thanks for sharing! Your room looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...