Monday, January 20, 2014

New Rug for the Basement

Everything in our house is pretty traditional. 
I like traditional, but sometimes I feel the need to 
liven
things 
up!

Our basement is the perfect spot for that.


This is my brand new rug from Dash & Albert. 
I love the bright color. It makes me happy every time I walk down the basement stairs.

Everything down here is friendly and colorful and made for fun.
Bean bags flopped in the corner.
Family photos on the wall.



This guy is a Home Goods find. 
Not the real thing.
That would be one tiny deer, after all.


Taa-daaa! 
No more boob lights in this house! 
When we first moved in 4+ years ago, nearly every light fixture looked like a huge breast.

This was a Shades of Light purchase, and 
LOVE 
it!


That's not a real horse on the wall, either. Yes, that is an actual speaker you see there, circa 1980.
The husband insists there's nothing like a real speaker.
He likes to shower down here and blast the music.


Yep, bright and cheerful and being messed up as I write this post. My girls have friends over.
I have to remind myself this was the purpose of redoing the basement.
So the kids could mess it up
have a cool space to hang out.



Happy Monday!

On Wednesday I'm doing a post on how I survive winter 
(I am not a fan of winter, just so you know).

9 comments:

  1. I love that rug and your light is wonderful! I am not a fan of winter either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great area and the rug is wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new rug...heck I love that whole space! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great rug! I have a couple Dash and Albert rugs and they are wonderful. In fact I think I have the same one as you but in tan for my downstairs bathroom. Looking forward to your winter post - we are getting MORE snow tomorrow...ugh.
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it funny? We get a spot all done and feel really good about it and then we don't want it used for the purpose it was to be used for because we don't want it all messed up. lol Well, I LOVE your rug AND your "non-boob" light. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great looking basement! And the rug really does give the space a vibrancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on getting a new rug for your basement! Can I just say that it looks perfect and blends in well with the other elements of the design. Have you ever checked if your basement is water proof? It would be advisable to consult with experts in order to avoid damage to furniture and other items on your basement.

    Abel Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your new basement, especially your new rug! I can only imagine how tiring it was to finish your renovations, wasn't it? Hehe! Kidding aside, I hope you’ll be able to clean your house more often and prevent all the dirt from sticking to your fabulous carpet. Thanks for the share! :)

    Weston Adams

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely rug! It mixes in well with all the other surrounding accessories of your basement. Your taste in design never fails to astound me, Suzanne. I hope you'll be able to grab more adorable finds, like that rug, for your basement. Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Gregg Hogan @ American Basement Solutions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...