Friday, January 3, 2014

Getting Fresh!

I love, love, love the holidays, but I was so very ready to get things freshened up around here. As you can see, I've made a change to the side board: buffet lamps. 
I didn't even have to do lots of searching. I simply walked into Country Curtains on New Year's Eve (what a party girl!), and found these pretty lamps.


Here's a look at things before.


I loved the lamp and the pictures, but I was ready for a change.

So, on New Year's Eve while the oldest daughter partied in L.A. and the middle daughter partied in a suburb up the street (slumber party, that is), the little daughter and I worked on rearranging things.


I did not keep this vignette, but at least it was a start.

So, after slaving away all New Year's Day and ditching our dried out tree and the starting-to-annoy-me Christmas decorations, I came up with this...








I've since added pretty candles in a neutral shade to these candlesticks.
And I like the way this lamp works with the drapery and table fabric.




I know I will probably change things before I get it just right, but I am feeling lighter and brighter with my house cleaner and leaner.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. It looks great, Suzanne. That lamp is perfect with that fabric! Now-want to come help me DE-Christmas this place? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will start the clean up this weekend. I love the fresh, uncluttered look in January and I think you got it right! How fun your daughter helped you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Do you know anything about the beautiful artwork above the lamps? It's so nice and colorful but simple at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the changes Suzanne...I've always loved this room!! I'm changing and tweaking here too:)Your new lamps look perfect on the buffet...I like the look of two on that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rearranging you have done. And I really love that painting! There is something about it that just draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...