Thursday, January 23, 2014

Flatware Friday!

Don't worry. I don't plan on making this a regular thing, but I have to tell you that
this drawer of brand new flatware makes me happy.


It looks expensive, like real wood, in fact.


It's not real wood. It's fake wood, and I can throw it in the dishwasher every night if I want to.
It's a Target find—$50 for a four-piece setting.
I bought two.
I may purchase another set for replacements.

Before this drawer was a mess of ancient, mismatched flatware that I never used.
Now it's pretty and functional grown up.
I am 50, after all.


My MIL passed her silver down to us.
Unlike the flatware, this is the real deal.
It's so pretty and elegant, and before the new flatware purchase, we used it every night.
The trouble is I threw it in the dishwasher every night, too.

This just wasn't right, and I felt guilty every time I pressed the START button.


Real silver should be polished.

And hand washed and treated like the royalty it is.





Now that I have everyday flatware, I no longer have to feel guilty.
I'll still use the silver, but it will be washed in warm soapy water afterwards. By hand.
Maybe I'll teach my children how to polish silver.

Happy Flatware Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Target...LOVE that flatware Suzanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for new flatware too, I can't believe how much it costs. I also have real silver but never use it. Most flatware, wether cheap or expensive says not to put in the dishwasher. Who want's to wash it by hand every day. Not me.... Love your new set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your find at Target. I think I saw those there today-or something similar anyway. I LOVE your real silver, too. It is wonderful to have heirlooms like that-xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It may be easier to buy the Hagerty dip for the silver flatware thanto get the kids to clean it. Love the new flatware!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...