Friday, January 10, 2014

Because I Can't Stop Myself

Just a few more tweaks in the living room 
because this is the room
I can't 
seem to leave alone.

I added fresh candles.


And a recently polished silver tray.



A couple of silver trays, actually.


The light in this room makes me happy.


It's good to be happy!

What? You thought I'd stopping twerking tweaking (I do not twerk, thank you).



The little dish was a Home Goods find, and I added shells I already had.
And another new candle. The old one went to the lantern on our porch.



Here's one of my favorite things. Yankee Candle's lilac blossoms. It smells wonderful, not too heavy, not too sweet. Also, it doesn't make me sneeze or give me a headache. I don't do well with heavy fragrances.


Lest you thought I had stopped my tweaking, I changed up this arrangement. I love fresh flowers any time, but in winter, they are essential!
Well, not essential, but they improve the gloominess.






I have to work ALL day on Saturday—give me a collective BOO! However, my birthday is on Sunday, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually excited to turn 50.
Weird, I know, but it's a cool number, and I finally feel like a grown-up.
Plus, being 50 means I can do whatever I want, right?

Also, I'm doing a post on Monday about the biggest decorating challenge in my house right now, and I need your help! I want ideas!!

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. OK I'll stop whining about the cold. You are surrounded by snow and getting much more done than I am. Your flowers are so pretty. We usually have them in winter too. Your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your room. Your mantel looks great- love the clean lines. Great capture on the picture with the piano and mirror showing the curtains- excellent shot! The shells in the footed dish look great! Love the bold striped sofa- your room has a classic look with beachy feel. Very nicely done! You have a great sense of style! Happy early Birthday wishes! 50 is a great number- I'm ahead of you by 6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy upcoming birthday. I loved being 50!!!! Your twerking (haha) looks great. I think I like it better than tweak...lol Have a great weekend even if you do have to work on Saturday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Suzanne! Your room looks gorgeous in all it's freshness. Happy Early birthday I see. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fifty isn't bad at all. You do get to do whatever your want now. Love your tweaks! I'm sure your twerks would be interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is lovely, I love it all, what a wonderful job you did with your tweakings! Your a 'kid' just 50, I'm 61 and feel like a kid, lol! May you be very blessed Suzanne this b'day coming and your new decade, it's a wonderful decade, believe me! Happy new year too!
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy bday! Just found your blog and it is darling. Hope you enjoy every minute of being 50!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is lovely!!! I always enjoy the tweaking after the holidays...my hubby just rolls his eyes :^)
    The last of our company left yesterday and things were calm and sweet this morning. I love company, but when I can walk through a quiet house... early in the morning when the sun is lighting the entire east/southeast side with beautiful light, I feel peace!!
    Happy "belated" birthday and blessings to you,
    J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...