Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Winter Light

Short of donning a bikini and doing a polar bear plunge, I am trying my best to bask in this not-yet-winter glow. It's difficult. Today I took a look at my almost 50 year old self in the bathroom mirror at work (under fluorescent lighting no less), and thought Uh-oh
Maybe it's time for one of those Lifestyle Lifts. 
Debbie Boone has gotten a lot of mileage out of You Light Up My Life.
Just saying.
But plastic surgery and needles and poking and probing freak me out. I've had three children, and still I swoon over a flu shot. No joke.
I'm thinking I'd better focus my attention elsewhere.

Interior decorating is important, but I think it's especially important the older we get. After all, we can't necessarily control what's going on with our bodies, but we can fluff some pillows and turn on a few lamps and buy a bucket of paint and get instant gratification.
No needles.
No surgery.
No recovery.
















Here's to making the world (and your living room) a more beautiful place!

1 comment:

  1. I have seen those commercials too and thought about a neck job, but like you I don't care to be sticked or anything else. Your room looks so warm and inviting for this wonderful season.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...