Saturday, December 21, 2013

Let the Panic Begin

Between work and Christmas and one child's birthday and all the errands that must be done before next Wednesday, I have been feeling overwhelmed. Like, a-fast-train-is-approaching-and-I-am-tied-to-the- tracks overwhelmed. Thankfully, I have had some much-needed time alone this afternoon. I've been cleaning and wrapping and getting ready for oldest daughter's return from sunny California.

I walked into the living room this afternoon to find the most gorgeous light. So, I took a breather, snapped a few pics, and now I'm sitting at my computer, listening to the dryer hum. Everyone will descend in a matter of minutes. But sometimes when I'm grumpy, all it takes is just some alone time.






















I hope you manage a few minutes of quiet today.

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful room to relax in! I still have a ton to do but now that the kids are home, I have to wait till bed time to get to the wrapping. Enjoy your time with family! Merry Christmas!
    Cheers! - Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous room. Take the time to take a deep breath and just enjoy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will all come together! I have been too busy to blog, I hear you I have to go shopping for Christmas dinner today, clean and wrap gifts since I work tomorrow. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The days go fast this time of year, don't they? All worth it in the end. Merry Christmas! Jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...