Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year! (and my favorite project of 2013)

There have been lots of little projects around here that I haven't blogged about, but I thought I'd share my very favorite big project of the year (our only big project, in fact): the basement.

You know what I love MOST about our basement redo?


It doesn't look like a basement. It's bright and cheerful and warm and cozy.
And my girls actually have a place to hang out when friends come over.

Here's a glimpse of the bathroom.





 This was the original sofa. I had it slip-covered many years ago. The family portrait you see was done in chalk by my middle daughter.



Here's the new sofa and slipcover I purchased from IKEA for a steal. It was a seriously good deal, and thus far it's held up nicely. I've washed one cushion cover, and it turned out just fine.



Bookshelves and storage galore—yippee! We had these built over the summer. I was skeptical about making such an investment in a basement, but I'm so glad I did. It really was the difference between feeling and looking like a basement and feeling and looking like an inviting space.


American flags painted by my girls at art camp a few summers ago.





Never thought I'd say I like hanging out in my basement, but I do! I also love that we can all use this space comfortably for family movie night.


Here's to a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year! I can't wait to get the Christmas decorations down and do a good cleaning and start thinking of all the ways to be creative during 2014.
And please tell me how it's already 2014.
Just so you know, I'm grateful for this blog world. I love all your ideas and your sweet friendship.

4 comments:

  1. Your basement is swoon worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inviting place! Looks so comfy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was one AWESOME project!! Love everything about that space! Happy New Year Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your basement and the cheerful colors! I would want to hang out there too!
    Happy New Year!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...