Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Tour 2013: It's a Wonderful Life

Does this look like the perfect day for decorating the Christmas tree or what?


I love living in the country. I feel blessed every time I look out my front door and see this.


And this...


Last summer I painted the front door red. I knew this would be especially fun at Christmas. 



Our Sunday started with a snowy drive to church and a slippery ride home.


I was supposed to grocery shop today. Guess what? I didn't shop. Instead, my husband watched football while I strung lights on the tree. 



This little girl did a lot of lounging.


The end result is this beauty, and it's filled with the ornaments we've collected over the years.





I love adding sparkle here and there.


The stockings are hung, and the room smells like cranberry candles and Christmas tree!


Doing my best to remember the reason for the season.
It is not presents.
It is not decorations.
It is not mindless, thoughtless celebration.
He is the reason for the season.







On this snowy night, I am counting my blessings: my husband, my children, my home, my dogs, my friends, my work, my health, this life.
It is a wonderful life.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Suzanne!! Your home looks amazing as always my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed. your home looks warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been closed in for a few days here in Dallas. Your Christmas decorations look lovely and so do your views of the snow. Enjoy. Happy Holidays!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...