Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas in the Bedroom 2013

I like to add a few Christmas touches to all the rooms in our house. The thing is I don't like to go overboard with the decorating, mainly because then I will have to take it all down come January. And in January, I am lazy and hibernative. Hibernative is not a real word, just so you know.

This is where we hibernate. Notice anything new?



My pretty lantern!


The old light fixture wasn't really old, but it looked like a giant breast hanging from our ceiling. All the light fixtures in our house looked like breasts for some reason, which is why we've been slowly replacing them over the last four years.





Like I said, there are only a few Christmas touches here and there, but it's enough to get me in the spirit of things and make getting up at 4:00 AM just a little easier.



This is the snowy view from my window.





My bathroom looks like Christmas all year what with the red and green.



I can't wait for the paperwhites to bloom. The smell is heavenly!



Have a great rest of the week!



4 comments:

  1. Your bedroom looks so cozy. I can see why you want to hibernate in there! I love your lantern light. We always called the lights you replaced "boob" lights, lol. It seems like there are in every house we buy, and are always one of the first things to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bedroom has always been a favorite of mine Suzanne...LOVE the new lantern!!
    Can I ask where you ordered your woven shades from...I'm thinking of adding them to my kitchen and family room and they look like they block the light nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say I love your house! Your bedroom looks lovely. I do have to comment on the breast/boob lights - until I saw that description elsewhere on a blog, I never thought of those types of lights in that way and I still don't. As a matter of fact, I bought one of those on purpose to replace a light fixture over our open basement stairs! Ha! Ha! I still like it, even thought I keep seeing the breast lights being replaced all over. I guess I'm just out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say I love your house! Your bedroom looks lovely. I do have to comment on the breast/boob lights - until I saw that description elsewhere on a blog, I never thought of those types of lights in that way and I still don't. As a matter of fact, I bought one of those on purpose to replace a light fixture over our open basement stairs! Ha! Ha! I still like it, even thought I keep seeing the breast lights being replaced all over. I guess I'm just out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...